How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update Galaxy Nexus GSM
Are you more anticipated? How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
JRN84D firmware update on Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM,
then we have detailed tutorial
with steps on below. Galaxy Nexus
is the first device going to get latest official Android
JellyBean OS update. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is released recently for both mobiles and tablets
and also Nexus 7 Tablet comes with pre-installed with it.
made Nexus 7 tablet the most updated and desired one. You can get the update over the air. However, if you have rooted
your device and want to update, then follow the below procedure to download
and flash Jellybean updated firmware on Galaxy Nexus. Jelly Bean will be soon available for Motorola
Xoom, Nexus S
and a few other phones.
has already scheduled to release official Android 4.1 jelly bean update
for Galaxy Nexus in mid-July
. So are you going to wait that much a long time to taste the jelly bean flavor? I think it’s not a good
idea to wait for the official release, although we have a simple tutorial for installing Android 4.1 Jelly bean OS manually
on your device. After installing this update you can observe a lot of cool features
like Google Now virtual voice assistant
, new widgets with resizable settings and much more.
: Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages
caused to your phone. This article is only meant for educational and instructional purpose. Rooting
the warranty and do it as your own risk.
1. This article is only for the users who own original International Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM. Trying this article on any other device or any other model of Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA may damage your phone.
2. Charge your device so that there are at least 70% or more charge is there with it, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
3. Backup all essential data’s on your phone like sms, call logs, contacts and APN to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
4. Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
6. Make sure that you must be Unlock Bootlaoder and Rooted on Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware Galaxy Nexus GSM.
Steps and Procedure How to Install Android 4.1 Jellybean JRN84D firmware on Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM:
1. Download the Jellybean 4.1 firmware rom package
for your Galaxy Nexus from here
to your computer. The file
name was jb-takju.zip and size will be 229 MB
. You can always come here and check above link for upcoming modified stable versions of JellyBean.
2. Copy the downloaded zip file into root directory of your phone’s SD card.
3. Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together for a few seconds until the screen turns on.
4. Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose a zip from sdcard” and then select the firmware package you’ve placed on the SD card.
5. After the installation process has completed, the device will automatically return back to the Recovery Mode.
5. Now, from the Bootloader Menu, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now
” to reboot your phone.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed Android 4.1 Jellybean on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM. Share your thought with us or any problem you face, we will try to help you in all possible ways.