How to install iOS 12 beta profile on iPhone or iPad The Developer Beta for iOS 12 will be available in Summer 2018 following Apple’s WWDC. A public beta will follow shortly after, and the final version should come in mid- to late-September 2018.
How to install iOS 12 beta profile on iPhone or iPad
You can do this by going to Settings > General > Profile and selecting iOS Beta Software Profile, then choosing Delete Profile and entering your passcode to confirm the change.
How to get the iOS 12 public beta
Once it is available in summer 2018, to sign up for and install the Public Beta of iOS 12 you’ll need to follow these instructions:
- Click Sign Up on the Apple Beta page and register with your Apple ID
- Log in to the Beta Software Program
- Click Enroll your iOS device
- Go to on your iOS device
- Download and install the configuration profile.
- That will make the beta version available in the Settings app, under General, Software Update.
How to get the Developer Preview of iOS 12
- Go to Apple’s developer site and enrol using your Apple ID.
- Sign into the iOS Dev Center using the Apple ID you used in the previous step.
- Register your Apple device’s UDID (the easiest way to find out your UDID is to plug the device into iTunes, click on the device’s icon in the top right-hand corner, view the Summary tab and click on the Serial Number entry to get it to change to the UDID). Now you’ll be able to download the appropriate version of the iOS beta for your hardware – select the exact iPhone, iPod touch or iPad model you’re using from the list.
- Unzip the file that downloads to your Mac (this should produce a .IPSW file). Connect your device to iTunes (if it isn’t already).
- Hold Alt (on a Mac – it’s Shift on a PC) and click the Restore iPhone button on the device’s Summary tab (next to Check for Update). Select the .IPSW file from the previous step. The iOS beta will be installed on your iPad or iPhone after a few minutes.